Thursday, November 15, 2012

David


Reluctant, are your lips
as I kiss them late in the evening
Your breath is deep and long--

The stars burn away
their only lives.

I miss you,
and want you,
as we listen to Bon Iver and Sigur Ros

the music we used to make love to.

I can picture you behind your camera
during a shoot,

a young, willing girl in front of you
Her dress pulled down to the nipple.

You position yourself on your knees
as she pulls her dress up,
Here is the perfect curve of her thigh and backside...

the sacred arch of her foot, the line of her calf.

I once had this ability--
to capture you through my nudity, by staring into your eyes
and saying nothing.

My shiny young hips flashing.

If I could be your perfection
I would.

I would wrap you in blankets on cold nights
make love to you for hours while you nudge me away
... your sleepiness.

If I knew I could make us work
I would do everything for you.
You know this by now.

Don't forget me...
how I danced for you
in the parking lot by the tall fountain,

and naked on your living room floor.

Make love to me again,
In the quiet of your room
or under a wide moon when I up and move to Hawaii.

I will name the sky after you,
or perhaps all the trees and the stones....

But does it matter?
All I want to say is,

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog... Please shake out a few thoughts or whimsies, if you so desire...
-Lara