Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Heart Takes Flight

Ok, so here are three of my Valentines... two paper cards with embellishments... lace, buttons, and wire as promised... I still think I will make the others I got so behind on (Mother's Day gifts???) The third Valentine here was inspired by a delectable little retro ice pack that I purchased at Lucy, that I filled with rock candy- a stand in for ice:) I hope you like them!

Heart Takes Flight
Photobucket

Photobucket
This Valentine was inspired by a piece of fabric from one of my father's old shirts. He passed back in 1991, and so he was in my heart this Valentines Day. The wings have significance in various ways: for one, he was a Green Beret and jumped out of many a plane during his life. They also are his wings- I still feel him watching over me, protecting me... New love or old, you can interpret it however you'd like:)

Heart Wrapped in Pink
Photobucket
The inspiration for this piece was my mother, and her love of pink, both in ribbons and in flowers. Off to the side I sewed on some leaves, for her love of gardening.

Sore Heart?
Photobucket
Have a heartache... simply place this little ice pack on your heart and you'll start feeling better.
Retro ice pack from Lucy, filled with blue raspberry rock candy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog... Please shake out a few thoughts or whimsies, if you so desire...
-Lara